Savor your way through the narrow streets and squares of Castagneto Carducci, a medieval village perched on a hilltop, facing the Mediterranean sea. You’ll discover its ancient history, architecture, and culture as we stop for delicious local dishes and learn about traditional Tuscan cuisine. You’ll hear about Giosuè Carducci, one of the greatest Italian poets who loved eating and drinking, just like us! We’ll go down the Holy Stairs of a Medieval castle, the residence of the 1,000-year ruling family, Della Gherardesca. We’ll pop into local shops to meet artisans and taste liqueurs made from century-old recipes, pizza made in a special wood-burning oven, wines from local vineyards, handmade bruschetta, local pecorino cheese, and charcuterie. Join us and you’ll eat and drink like a real Italian!
Castagneto Food & Drink Day Tours
Duration: 4 hours
What’s included: 1 Bolgheri DOC wine + 4 liquors + 3 food tastings
Price: Starts from 130 € per person
When: 7 days a week, upon reservation
Where: Bolgheri, Tuscany
• Distance Covered: Less than ⅓ mile (½ km) across flat surfaces
• Difficulty level: This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• Cancellations: Full refund up to 24 hours prior to tour departure
• Language: English. Private tours in English, French or Italian
• Vegetarian: Food substitutions can be provided with 24-hour notice
• Stops: We’ll make 4 stops for food and wine tastings at some of the best places to visit in Tuscany
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TASTE & LEARN
• Savor Tuscan bruschetta topped with typical ingredients.
• Sample local pecorino cheese made from a 2000-year-old recipe.
• Try different types of local charcuterie (cold cuts such as sausages, ham, salami, etc.).
• Taste pickled vegetables, a staple of every Tuscan table.
• Soak fresh bread in extra virgin olive oil, grown and pressed locally.
• Drink 3 Bolgheri DOC red wines.
• Sample homemade pasta based on a typical Tuscan recipe.
• Finish with homemade gelato and freshly brewed Italian coffee.
• WHERE WE’RE LOCATED
This tour is held in Bolgheri, Italy.
• MAIN DISTANCES
From Livorno: 50 Km – 27 Miles From Pisa: 80 Km – 43 Miles From Florence: 130 Km – 70 Miles From Rome: 258 Km – 140 Miles
• HOW TO GET HERE
By car: Driving and parking instructions will be given upon reservation. By train: Closest train station – Castagneto Carducci / Donoratico, regularly served by regional trains from Rome (2 hrs, 30 min) or Florence (2 hrs). Main Airports : Pisa 80 km – 43 Miles; Firenze 130 Km – 70 Miles; Rome 258 Km – 140 Miles.