BRUSCHETTA WITH TOMATOES CONFIT AND FRESH HERBS
This inimitable bruschetta is made with cherry tomatoes roasted with extra virgin olive oil, salt and all your favorite fresh herbs. With plenty of flavor and color, it’s the queen of the starters!
- Parchment paper
- knife and cutting board
- 500 gr cherry tomatoes
- 8 slices bread
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary - finely chopped
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme - finely chopped
- One handful of basil - finely chopped
- A pinch or two of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and spread them on the baking pan being careful not to overlap them. Then, drizzle the tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, sugar and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast them in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and nicely caramelized. Let the tomatoes cool to room temperature on their pan.
- Toast the bread. First, rub fresh garlic on each slice, and then top with the cooked tomatoes, using all the oil and juice.
- Sprinkle the freshly chopped basil or your favorite fresh herb on top of the bruschetta. Serve warm or at room temperature.